During the labiaplasty surgery, the surgeon removes the excess tissue of the labia minora, and the labia majora (on the outside of the body) may also be reduced by surgery or liposuction. The procedure takes around one to two hours to perform.
The results are permanent, though it is however possible for the labia to become stretched again through pregnancy and childbirth or sexual activity.
Am I a candidate for Labiaplasty?
Undergoing a Labiaplasty operation is a personal decision, you can talk to other patients that have undergone this procedure at Secret Surgery Ltd to find out more, why not connect with patients via our online community here.
Suitable candidates for labia rejuvenation surgery include women who:
- Experience problems with sexual intercourse or have labia pain
- Are uncomfortable when sitting, cycling or walking due to enlarged labia
- Would like to improve the appearance of their labia
- Experience emotional discomfort and self esteem issues due to the appearance of their labia
- Have been born with large, asymmetrical or protruding labia
- Are not planning to have any more children
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their labiaplasty
Unsuitable candidates for labiaplasty surgery include women who:
- Are pregnant or menstruating
- Have episiotomy complications
- Have a yeast infection or herpes virus
- Have bladder incontinence
- Have a prolapsed uterus
Preparing for Labiaplasty Surgery
At Secret Surgery Ltd, preparation is a fundamental part our patient pathway. We strive to ensure that your health and well being needs are met throughout your experience with our dedicated team of professionals.
Prior to surgery you may be asked by our qualified medical staff to:
- Get a lab testing or medical evaluation if needed
- Take certain medications or adjust you current medications
- Stop smoking well in advance of surgery
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin and herbal supplements as they may increase bleeding
In addition, you will be asked to sign consent forms to assure your cosmetic surgeon that you fully understand the procedure that you will undergo and any potential risks, complications and side effects associated with Labiaplasty surgery.
You will also receive special instructions prior to surgery which include:
- What to do on the day of your surgery
- Post-operative care and follow-up instructions
Labiaplasty Procedure Steps
A Labiaplasty operation is a highly individualised procedure achieved through a variety of incision patterns and techniques. The appropriate technique for your individual case will be determined by your Cosmetic Surgeon in Poland.
Labiaplasty Recovery and Healing Steps
Mild to moderate discomfort and swelling will often be experienced by women after undergoing labiaplasty. Take any pain medications that your doctor prescribes. Discomfort should subside within several days but mild discomfort can continue for several weeks. You may need to wear supportive undergarments to help reduce swelling, which should subside within six weeks. Depending on the type of sutures used and their location, they should dissolve within seven to 21 days.
You may be advised to avoid intercourse for three to six weeks following labiaplasty surgery, and may also be told to avoid using tampons and vaginal douches during your recovery period.
Labiaplasty patients should be able to return to work and normal activities within two to five days, and more strenuous activities within two to three weeks.
During your stay in Poland, Your Medical team will advise you of the following;
- How to care for incision sites and the importance to cleanse the incision sites and apply any ointment as directed
- Medications to apply or to take orally to reduce the risk of infection
- Specific changes at the surgical site or in overall health
- You will be seen daily by medical staff during your stay in Poland, to ensure that your recovery and healing proceed in optimum standards.
Labiaplasty Side Effects and Surgery Risks
The decision to have Labiaplasty is an exceptionally personal one and you will have to decide if the surgery will achieve your goals and expectations. Risks and potential complications are possible and it is advised that you discuss these in detail with you Cosmetic Surgeon in Poland who is medically qualified to answer your questions.
Labiaplasty Surgery Results
Over time post-surgical swelling will subside and resolve, and incision lines will gradually refine in appearance. Patients experience an immediate satisfaction at their results, and experience fulfilment in self-confidence and personal body.
Angela Says:"Vaginal surgery is now proving to be another procedure that appeals to many women. Labiaplasty is a safe and effective procedure and will increase a woman's self esteem and overall quality of life, our experienced skilled cosmetic surgeon lead a safe service in state of the art facilities ensuring you have total peace of mind and body."